1. Responsible body and Data Protection Officer
The responsible body according to art. 4 European General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") is Adjust GmbH, Saarbrücker Str. 37a, 10405 Berlin, managing director is Simon Dussart.
Responsible for data processing in job openings with the respective entity:
- Adjust GmbH, Germany
- Adjust Software Ltd, United Kingdom
- Adjust Inc., USA
- Adjust KK., Japan
- Adjust Korea Ltd., South Korea
- Adjust Brasil Licenciamento de Software Ltda., Brazil
- Adjust France SARL, France
- Adjust (Beijing) Co. Ltd., China
- Adjust Singapore PTE LTD., Singapore
- Adjust Software India LLP
If one of our subsidiaries is the data controller and the registered office is outside the EU, its EU Representative is Adjust GmbH, Saarbrücker Str. 37A, 10405 Berlin, Germany.
If the data processing is subject to the UK GDPR and a UK Representative is required, this is Adjust Software Ltd, 90 High Holborn, Holborn, London, WC1V 6LJ, United Kingdom.
In case of any questions relating to data protection, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Our external Data Protection Officer is ePrivacy GmbH, represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer, Große Bleichen 21, 20354 Hamburg. If you wish to communicate directly with our Data Protection Officer (because you have a particularly sensitive matter for example), please send your request also to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be forwarded, if clearly stated.
2. Collection of personal data
We collect personal information you provide to us, e.g.: your name, address, email address and phone number; personal information on your CV/resume or other materials you submit to us, such as your work, professional and educational background and interests, submissions or test results; your salary and job expectations, information about your work permit or visa status.
3. Purpose of processing personal data
We collect and process the personal data about you in order to process your application and assess your application against our open positions. Once we receive your personal data in connection with a specific vacancy, your data will be processed exclusively for purposes related to your interest in current or future employment with us and the processing of your application. In the phase of deciding whether to establish an employment relationship with you, we as your potential employer have an interest in ensuring that you have the necessary professional competence and personal suitability for the vacant position. Failure to provide us with your personal data will result in our inability to process your application.
4. Recipient of personal data
We use Service Providers to process your personal data. We choose them with due care to make sure that your data is properly stored and handled.
At Adjust, during the application process, access to your data will only be granted to persons who make the concrete hiring decision or are significantly involved in this decision. These persons usually include employees of the HR department and superiors, and in some cases also specialist managers. We may also share your application with other Adjust affiliates or persons in charge of departments with vacancies or other functional areas that fit your applicant profile. All employees entrusted with data processing are obliged to maintain the confidentiality of your data.
Should other persons (e.g. Service Providers or Official Bodies) also have access to your data, this is always on the basis of a contractual declaration of confidentiality and/or a data processing agreement or on the basis of legal or official obligations.
5. Requirement or obligation to provide data
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the provision of your data is not required or obligatory. However, if you do not provide us your personal data relevant to the application process, like data on your education or employment history, we may not be able to process your application or assess it properly.
6. Storage period
In case your application is successful, your data will be used further in the recruitment process. If we are unable to offer you employment, we will retain the information you provide to us for a period of max. 6 months after any rejection, in order to respond to questions relating to your application and rejection. This does not apply if legal provisions prevent deletion, if further storage is necessary for the purpose of providing evidence or if you have expressly agreed to longer storage.
7. Legal basis of the processing
The legal basis for processing the personal data that you provide to us is in Germany Art. 26 para. 1 sentence 1 BDSG and in other countries of the European Economic Area ("EEA") Art. 6 para 1 sentence 1 lit b) or f) GDPR. The legitimate interest arises from the obligation to provide evidence in proceedings under local anti-discrimination policies. In cases where you provide us with sensitive information, we process this information on the basis of Art. 9 para. 2 lit b) GDPR.
If we are unable to offer you employment, we keep your applicant data beyond the duration of 6 months only if you have expressly agreed to this. Legal basis in this case is Art. 6 para 1 sentence 1 lit a) GDPR. In case you have sent us a general application which does not refer to a specific vacancy, the same legal basis applies.
We point out that the given consent is freely revocable at any time in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR by sending an email to email@example.com. Such a revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the processing, which has been carried out until revocation on the basis of the consent.
8. Your rights
As a data subject, you have the right to assert the following rights against us:
- In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR and § 34 BDSG, the right to demand information as to whether and, if so, to what extent personal data relating to you will be processed or not
- In accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, the right to demand that the data must be corrected
- According to art. 17 GDPR and § 35 BDSG the right to demand the deletion of your personal data
- According to art. 18 GDPR the right to have the processing of personal data restricted
- In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, the right to receive the personal data, which has been provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format and to transfer this data to another third party
- In accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data based on the legal basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 e) or f) GDPR
- The right to appeal before a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR
In all other respects, our general data protection policy applies, available at https://www.adjust.com/terms/privacy-policy/ .