Why you need attribution, even if you only work with one network
Product Content Strategist
Posted Feb 9, 2018
One comment our team often hears from mobile advertisers is ‘I don’t need attribution; I only advertise on one or a few platforms and I really trust them’.
It comes up a lot. We understand where you’re coming from. You’ve only got data coming in from a couple of places. You’re receiving some useful statistics. Your setup is relaxed and easy, and you want to keep it that way. We get it.
But we believe you can do better.
In fact, you need to do better.
You need to do better because your competitors are doing better. They’re using an attribution provider like Adjust to get the most out of their data, even if they themselves only advertise on one or two platforms.
Your competitors are putting their data to work. They are segmenting and building custom audiences for retargeting campaigns, tracking cohorts and their in-app engagements, receiving custom callbacks filled with their granular app user data, utilizing deep links, and using that data to optimize their ad spend.
Why have they invested in mobile attribution when they’re only buying ads on a couple of platforms?
1. In the world of mobile advertising, we’re Switzerland. Getting your attribution data from the place that bought or sold you an ad is like grading your own homework - it’s impossible to be completely objective. Our software was built by former marketers who wanted an unbiased look at their data. We care about it getting it right, whether we’re determining who gets the credit for your install or separating your organic traffic from paid.
2. We provide 100% accuracy. Every engagement that runs through Adjust is attributed via a matching waterfall. We check for only the strongest possible attribution indicators. Our methods are industry approved, transparent, customizable - and right.
3. Our business is mobile measurement. Attribution isn’t a product we developed on the side; it’s our bread and butter. We’ve spent years figuring out how to track, measure, and display your campaign ad performance in a single dashboard. Our interface gives you quicker, easier access to a view of all of your data than any single network dashboard with plenty of performance reports giving you the deepest insight into what’s happening with your user base.
4. You control how much data you share. We care about privacy, so we built tools to help you keep your data safe, regardless of the partners you want to work with. With Audience Builder, you build your own segments. Find the device identifiers you want to retarget, send that list (and only that list) to your preferred partner, and keep the rest of your data to yourself.
5. We fight fraud (so you don’t have to). Our Fraud Prevention Suite knocks out fake installs from the five most common types of ad fraud. You’ll never accidentally end up paying for your own organic users. You deserve to only pay for real users. Consider us quality insurance.
6. You make the rules. Want to change an attribution window to better fit your ad campaign goals? Do it. Want reporting in your time zone? We’ve got a toggle for that. Campaign Wizard puts you in control over the campaign logic of each and every campaign you run right down to the adgroup level – manage your redirects, fallbacks and deep links right in the dashboard.
7. When you’re ready to scale up, we’re here. When your marketing takes off, we’ll help you take the next step. Everything you need to try out new networks is already set up and waiting for you. We’ll integrate you with any of our over 1,000 partners with a couple of clicks. It’s never been easier to step outside your comfort zone. When mobile companies are ready to scale, a single network is often no longer enough for user acquisition. One network can only provide so many quality installs from new users; when you’re in hyper growth mode, the supply is simply outpaced by the demands of a rapidly growing audience. This is why when an app expands, one of their marketing team’s first tasks is to look for new users on new platforms, with the help of trustworthy networks.